COURTOIS HIGH SCHOOL TROMBONE QUARTET COMPETITION
NOTE: The deadline for submission of registration form and application fee will remain open until the morning of the Summit.
High School Ensembles are allowed to choose from the TX UIL Class 1 list for trombone quartet.
Eligibility and Awards
- All quartet members of this division must currently be enrolled in high school with a maximum combined age of 72.
- A non-refundable $40 application fee is required for each High School Division quartet entry. ($40 application fee also covers admission to all festival events.)
- This level of the competition will not be pre-screened through recording, and will consist solely of one round to take place on the morning of the Trombone Summit.
- A panel of three members will adjudicate the competition, awarding the winning quartet a Grand Prize of $1000.
- Students may participate in only one group.
Submission of Materials
- High School Division - Contact Dr. David Begnoche for walk-in audition possibilities (spaces not guaranteed unless arrangements are made in advance). The deadline for submission of registration form and application fee will remain open until the morning of the Summit.
Performer Information -
- Application Fee
- Name of Ensemble
- Name, age and grade/year of study of each individual member of the ensemble
- School associated with ensemble
- Teacher or Coach
- Contact Person
- Current Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address for contact member
- College Division must include a proof of age (i.e. photocopy of driver’s license, passport or birth certificate)
- The Fort Worth Trombone Summit accepts payment via bank check or money order in US Dollars (drawn on a US bank); special payment arrangements can be made for international applicants. Be sure to include a copy of your completed application with your check or money order made out to: TCU School of Music
- A copy of the receipt will also be sent to your email address.
- Mail materials to: