The Courtois High School Trombone Quartet Competition
High School Ensembles are allowed to choose from the TX UIL Class 1 list for trombone quartet.
Eligibility and Awards
- All quartet members of this division must currently be enrolled in high school with a maximum combined age of 72.
- A non-refundable $20 application fee is required for each High School Division quartet entry.
- This level of the competition will not be pre-screened through recording, and will consist solely of one round to take place on the morning of the Trombone Summit.
- A panel of three members will adjudicate the competition, awarding the winning quartet a Grand Prize of $600.
- Students may participate in no more then two quartets on the condition that the repertoire is different and all three of the members of a second ensemble are also different.
- Submission of Materials
- High School Division - Deadline for submission of registration form and application fee is TBA. Contact David Begnoche for walk-in audition possibilities (spaces not guaranteed unless arrangements are made in advance).
- Performer Information -
- Name of Ensemble
- Name, age and grade/year of study of each individual member of the ensemble
- School associated with ensemble
- Teacher or Coach
- Contact Person
- Current Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address for contact member
- College Division must include a proof of age (i.e. photocopy of driver’s license, passport or birth certificate)
- The Fort Worth Trombone Summit accepts payment via bank check or money order in US Dollars (drawn on a US bank); special payment arrangements can be made for international applicants. Be sure to include a copy of your completed application with your check or money order made out to: TCU School of Music
- A copy of the receipt will also be sent to your email address.
- Fort Worth Trombone Summit Competitions
- c/o TCU School of Music
- attn: David Begnoche
- 2800 S. University
- Ed Landreth Hall #120
- Fort Worth, Texas 76129 USA
Mail materials to:
Guest Artists at the 2010 Fort Worth Trombone Summit were:
Ron Barron, Boston Symphony Orchestra
Dennis Bubert, Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra’
David Jackson, University of Michigan
Ron Wilkins, jazz trombone artist -San Antonio TX
Slide Show, Dallas based trombone choir
Guest Artists at the 2011 Fort Worth Trombone Summit were:
Mark Lawrence, San Francisco Symphony
Darren McHenry, Dallas Symphony Orchestra
Barney McCallum, Dallas Wind Symphony, Stentorian Consort
Maniacal Four Trombone Quartet
Dr. Michael Mekna, musicologist
Guest Artists at the 2012 Fort Worth Trombone Summit were:
Niels-Ole Bo Johanssen, Royal Academy of Music, Denmark
and the Trombone Choir from RAMA, Denmark
Sim Flora, Ouachita Baptist University
Tony Baker, UNT
James Decker, Texas Tech University
Dr. Nathaniel Brickens, UT Austin,